Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pork with strawberry balsamic sauce


Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

Christmas is almost upon us; it is at this time of year that I am scurrying around trying to ensure everything is organised for the big day, well two days for us (with both of our parents divorced we celebrate twice over the eve and on the day with the parents separated). As my tiny cherub is not too fond of long car trips we will be hosting both days here, with very, and I stress the word very, casual lunches and suppers. Meals that require little hands on time, such as sweet layered trifles for dessert or roast lamb and potatoes to tuck into, are the picks of the day for me. With two days to spare I have dressed the tree in her finest jewels and tied each of the presents with silken bows. The fridge is stocked and pantry full, with very little else to do.

In the lead up to the big days I am also opting for quick and easy dinners so as to 'save' my energy for the packed weekend. Meals like this are heaven-sent, and when they turn out to be finger-licking good as well, it's just the icing on the cake.

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 15mins.
cooking time: 10mins.
total: 25mins.

taste: 4/5.  Hit with the hubby.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you what it tasted like, as I didn't eat it, but hubby loved it.
I added and extra handful of strawberries.

would I make it again: Yes.


recipe: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/3654/pork+with+strawberry+balsamic+sauce

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic photograph! And I'm trying to imagine pork with strawberries...will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that would be a hit with me too! That looks delicioous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is *beautiful*. I'm absolutely loving the colours and toning - also the Christmas overhaul on the blog! Nicely done, friend.

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And you still find time to blog - lucky us :) I hope your days of celebration were simply wonderful. How special with your new bundle of joy. Merry Christmas and lots of love,
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete