Monday, April 25, 2011

Moist chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting


Happy Easter to all!
xx

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 10mins.
cooking time: 30mins plus 30mins cooling and icing.
total: 1hour & 10mins.


taste: 4/5. Fluffy chocolate heaven.

Whilst normally I am a sucker for all cakes dense and moist like chocolate fudge, sometimes you want something with a lighter crumb sandwiched between layers of feather-light cocoa icing. This cake delivered in spades. Soft, moist, and decadently fluffy this was devoured by many after an Easter banquet.

I used this chocolate buttercream recipe and it was fabulous.


would I make it again: Yes.

recipe: http://www.foodess.com/2011/03/moist-chocolate-cake/

13 comments:

  1. OMG, i have to have this now!!!!! Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You're right, sometimes you do need a fluffy cake. Like how I used to make as a child (the one thing I made. Again and again) but far yummier. Happy Easter!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! This looks instantly lickable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, mouth watering! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks to die for! What a divilishly good looking treat.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  6. i usually eat cake with a fork, but this looks so tender and sloppy (in a good way!) that i might need to break out a spoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks so delicious and decadent!! There is nothing better than finding a wonderful chocolate cake recipe. I made Ina Garten's Beatty's chocolate cake recently and it's already a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's sheer heaven, all right! Gooey and chocolatey!
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this is *stunning*. I love it! Guess I've got a new chocolate cake recipe to try out...

    Hope you had a wonderful Easter =)

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use this cake recipe too -- so moist and rich -- just love it and that frosting looks like the perfect thing to pair with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mouth can't stop watering...

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! this is really looks so delicious. . can't help but crave for it. .=)

    ReplyDelete