Friday, September 11, 2009

Coconut French toast with caramelised pineapple


Halfway through! I am halfway through cleaning, and I cannot wait until this week is over and I can spend the ENTIRE week after, doing almost zero cleaning and lots of reading and baking. Bliss!

Today I recruited my mother-in-law to help with some weeding (how fast do those nasty green monsters come back!) As you can tell by the excessive use of the exclamation mark, I am in high spirits and buzzing with energy. The house's cleanliness is directly tied to my happiness, so I am halfway to ecstatic as well.

With Ryan being at work from 10am-6pm I wrote a list (I adore list-making) and scheduled everything from breakfast to dinner and snacks in between. This is a big change for us as I used to only plan dinners and desserts, the new food planning has resulted in bigger, and more varied breakfasts. Whilst I have steered more towards savoury, there are still two or three sweet breakfasts per week.


ease: 5/5.
prep time:
5mins.
cooking time: 10mins.
total: 15mins.

taste: 3.5/5. I could not get pannetone so I subbed raisin bread and it became so soggy that it was falling apart. The flavours went well together, but it was a little strange for breakfast, I think I would prefer the pineapple fresh and on its own. The soggy texture is what ruined it for us though.

would I make it again: No.

recipe: Coconut French toast with caramelised pineapple

3 comments:

  1. It's a shame this didn't turn out so well for you (though it looks great!). Even the panettone in the original recipe seems a strange choice. I'd be interested to try it with plainer bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such colorful pictures! That French Toast must taste heavenly!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck cleaning!!

    No worries - still looks like a perfect dish to me :)

    ReplyDelete