Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Banana & maple cake


ease: 5/5.

prep time: 10mins.
cooking time: 40mins.
total: 45mins.

taste: 4/5. Super moist cake with a nice subtle sweetness. I added 1tsp cinnamon and I still found the cake on its own a little bland. You definitely need the icing to add flavour - as I had no cream cheese I just mixed about 1/4c mascarpone with 8g melted butter, 1tbs maple syrup and 1tsp vanilla and then spread it on the cake whilst still warm so that it melted and gave it a nice glaze. I made the following alterations:
  • 2 bananas
  • 2 3/4cup plain flour (white/unbleached)
  • I used 3/4cup buttermilk
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
would I make it again: Yes - I would add 2tsp cinnamon and 1/2tsp nutmeg just to give the cake a little more spice and flavour.

recipe: Banana cake

3 comments:

  1. I love banana cake, but never thought to put maple syrup in it. This really does look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really great!!!! Maple and banana, yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link for this cake is broken, did you write it down? I love this cake!

    ReplyDelete