Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chocolate mink


I feel a little bashful beginning with an apology, but I must as the sun outran me today and I was left with nothing but down lights to illuminate my efforts in the kitchen. I have not yet become accustomed to the earlier sunset and find myself chasing shadows.

Dreadful pictures aside, when deciding on a suitable treat to end a meal that would please all I couldn't think past chocolate. Many wedding gifts still lie unused, one of which was white, ceramic ramekins. Two choices made, chocolate and ramekins, I flipped back through old print outs and found chocolate mink. As an avid licker of yet-to-be-cooked chocolate mixes the thought of warm, chocolate lava flowing over my spoon filling my mouth with the raw essences of chocolate made my stomach growl and my mouth drool.


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 10mins.
cooking time: 20mins.
total: 30mins.

taste: 4/5. More like a moist, wet souffle than the thick, unctuous stream of chocolate I was expecting. I used 1/2cup ramekins which makes enough for 4 people. The serving looks small but this dessert packs a punch and leaves you highly satisfied with its intense richness. I served this with double cream, ice cream would be even better.

would I make it again: Perhaps - want to try some lava cake or chocolate fondant recipes to see if I prefer them.

recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Mink-232637

1 comment: