Friday, April 17, 2009

Chocolate macaroon delice


Waste not, want not.

Nothing saddens me more than food spoiling and having to be thrown away. In the beginning my disorganisation led to a lot of waste, which forced me to plan in advance what I would make each week in an effort to avoid buying superfluous produce. This has been effective however certain issues arise such as having leftover egg whites that you did not plan to use.

With bowls of viscous fluid I searched for a recipe that would use them all up without creating other leftovers. This recipe was not planned, and in a way, it was extra special because of its spontaneous creation.


ease: 4.5/5.
prep time:
20mins.
cooking time: 12mins and 1hour refrigeration.
total: 1hour and 32mins.

taste: 4/5. Ryan loved this but for me the chocolate and cream was incredibly overpowering and dehydrating. I could feel my heart accelerating with each bite; I actually only used the ganache to fill and top the delice, as I ended up with more than needed and felt the chocolate icing wasn't necessary. I also used a smaller tray, I would not recommend the size they stipulate as you will end up with very thing layers and too much ganache.

would I make it again: No - too rich and sugary to appreciate the chocolate.

recipe: http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/chocolate-macaroon-delice

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you did not like it that much, but it does look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous, but it's too bad it didn't taste as good as it looks! I have the opposite problem you do - I always have too many yolks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just tried this recipe too - wish i had read your post on it sooner! i agree that the macaroon layer is too thin..

    and it did seem to be a lot of ganache...here's hoping my mates don't mind chocolate and cream!

    ReplyDelete