Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Broccoli & potato soup with cheese & bacon

Oh Sun, why do you have to rush out on me, taking your light with you like a cape around your shoulders. Apologies for the photos, but I have not yet purchased a flash for moments where my meals arrive past sunset.

For those of us who trudged back to work today, at least we were given glorious weather which goes miles in brightening moods.

Every moment possible I would step outside to just sit and bask in the sun's warmth; after work was done and dusted I grabbed a new book to read whilst I listened to the birds and felt the sunshine in my hair.

Nibbling on gooey, chocolate cupcakes baked and brought over by friends for fun-filled hours of Pictionary, Wii & Peggle my mind strayed to what I should make tonight for dinner. I was left with 1 head of broccoli from an Easter dish I made, as well as a few potatoes that missed out on being mashed. Despite the warm weather I felt like moulding myself to the pillows on my couch, with a nice bowl of soup in my lap whilst I watched episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm with Ryan and Yoshi.

As the sun began to tuck itself in for a good night's sleep, I closed my book, wandered inside, and pulled out a big stock pot to make big bowls of restorative, warm soup.


ease: 4/5.
prep time: 10mins.
cooking time: 40mins.
total: 50mins.

taste: 4/5. I halved everything except the cheese - thick, goopy soup that fills you stomach and warms you up. I pureed the soup as I prefer a smooth, velvety texture. I didn't sprinkle the bacon on mine to make it vegetarian.

would I make it again: Yes.

recipe: http://www.spotsfordates.com/01/2009/updates/broccoli-potato-soup-with-cheese-and-bacon

1 comment:

  1. This soup looks so flavorful and comforting! Yummy!

    cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete