Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bailey's Irish fudge


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Every St. Patrick's Day I like to look back at old photos of my Great grandfather Alfred Charles Patrick O'Brian who left Dublin to meet his wife in Liverpool before setting sail to Australia to raise his daughter. He had blue eyes and ginger hair (the ginger hair seems to have been passed down from grandson to great grandson, even my brother who has dark hair and olive skin grows a ginger goatee).

Although I do not know any Gaelic, unlike my mum, I celebrate as best I can, mostly with a swig of Bailey's Irish Cream (normally the only day of the year I drink alcohol). This year it was to be Bailey's Irish Fudge to be enjoyed by all.


ease: 5/5.
prep time:
2mins.
cooking time: 10mins to boil and beat. 1 hour cooling time.
total: 1hour & 12mins.

taste: 4/5. I completely messed up. I forgot to add the butter whilst it was on the stove, didn't really want to start again so I just added it when I was beating in the icing sugar. I think that may be the reason it didn't set properly. Other than that the fudge had just the right amount of Bailey's with a nice aftertaste of vanilla.

would I make it again: Yes - I will try this again and hopefully will remember to add the butter at the right stage.

recipe: http://www.foodtv.ca/recipes/recipedetails.aspx?dishid=5452

No comments:

Post a Comment