Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mirin glazed salmon


"No red meat week." This will be the first whole week Ryan will go without eating red meat. I thought I would ease him into it with a salmon dish before the rest of the vegetarian dishes. He's a little unsure that he will feel full and 'satisfied' but I think he'll be fine.

Sourcing mirin turnd out to be harder than I had initially thought. Three supermarket's and 5 liqiour/wine stores later I was still empty handed. Coming home all hot and bothered (from the weather and running around) I vented to my dad about my unsuccesful hunt for wine. Mid sentence he stopped me and said, 'I think I might have some left at my place'. Those were probably the sweetest words I had heard all day. At last, I would have some mirin and it wouldn't even cost me a dime.

ease: 5/5. prep time: 7mins.
cooking time: 6mins.
total: 13mins.

taste: 4.5/5. Everyone really liked this, I felt there could have been a little more glaze so that the rice could have gotten some flavour so I will probably increase everything by half next time. I used 2tbs of brown sugar, thought 50g might be too much.

would I make it again: Yes. Super quick and tasty. Everyone liked it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment