Friday, December 26, 2008

Thousand layer lasagna


A belated Merry Christmas to all! I hope your Christmas was filled with good food, good company and fantastic presents :) Both of my Christmas feasts went well and I had a great time, even our dog Yoshi got to go to one of them.

This morning I managed to drag myself out of bed to go the the infamous Boxing Day sales as I have never been before. I saved up some money throughout the year in anticipation of a big spend up (mostly clothes). However I was sorely disappointed; I came back with few items (mostly non-discounted books) as there just wasn't anything I really liked, or the items weren't heavily discounted (some stores had maybe 15% of their stock discounted 20-30% and the rest was full priced). A few shoppers told me that the pre-Christmas sales were actually better than the today's - Ryan and I even noticed a Hugo Boss jumper we bought for his dad was $20 MORE expensive today than it was a few days ago when we bought it. Oh well, I think next year I shall buy something if I like it rather than wait a year to do everything in one day.

Now onto dinner - all the shopping wore me out (as I am not a seasoned shopper) so i wanted a ZERO effort meal for dinner. This recipe was perfect as I had some fresh lasagna sheets in the fridge that don't need to be pre-boiled.

ease: 5/5. prep time: 7mins to make sauce and layer lasagna if you don't have to boil the sheets beforehand.
cooking time: 30mins.
total: 37mins - only 7mins work in the kitchen, if you can even call it that.

taste: 4/5. I omitted the lemon zest and used 1tbs of garlic - I loved it but my partner thought it was too garlicky - the lemon would have helped to cut through the richness too so next time I will follow as written...well maybe a touch more garlic than written. I used bocconcini, tasty cheese and Parmesan.

would I make it again:
Yes - as a backup as I normally have the ingredients on hand.

recipe:
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001386.html

No comments:

Post a Comment