Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cheesy chicken quesadillas


I managed to make a few meals throughout the day to keep everyone satiated. Normally we'll have breakfast at 9am and then a toasted sandwich at 1pm and then dinner at 6pm - as we haven't eaten much during the day, dinner tends to be a big meal followed by dessert and snacking until bed time. Not a great routine, I know.

As we ate well during the day I thought I'd do something lighter for dinner. I made this salad as well as a salad of mixed greens in a garlic vinaigrette dressing. To go with it I thought I'd make everyone one of these yummy looking quesadillas.

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 5mins to marinate chicken and prep everything.
cooking time: 10mins to cook chicken and assemble quesadillas. I cooked my quesadillas in a sandwich press so both sides browned at once.
total: 15mins.

taste: 4/5. The chicken was really tasty but they were a little hard to eat. I prefer the chimichanga method of folding over the bottom into a wrap shape and then pressing so the filling stays in.

would I make it again: Yes. But I would press it after folding to make it easier to eat.

recipe: http://www.folkmann.ca/2008/12/04/cheesy-chicken-quesadillas/

No comments:

Post a Comment