Friday, November 21, 2008

Mango Banana Lassi


After receiving a bearating over the price I paid for a mango, my partner came shopping with me and chose a cheaper alternative which he thought would taste the same as the more expensive ones; well, he was wrong. The mango was quite firm and bland - despite being in the fruitbowl for almost 1 week. As it only had a mere hint of sweetness and lacked that refreshing juicyness of a good mango, I thought the best way to use it would be to blend it.

I accidentally bought a tub of Greek yoghurt (already had one in the back of the fridge) so I thought I'd play around and make a smoothie/lassi.

1 mango, diced
1 banana, roughly chopped
1 small kiwifruit
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1tbs honey
1 tray of ice cubes

Blend all ingredients until smooth.

Both of the boys liked this, although next time I would use passionfruit rather than kiwi. It wasn't very sweet, but it also wasn't super tart either. Makes 4 250ml glasses (our glasses are quite large and hold over 500ml).

No comments:

Post a Comment