Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gorgonzola & caramelised onion penne


Light showers and thunderstorms whilst curling up on the couch with my fiance and the Sex & The City movie. Before we knew it the sun was tucked into bed and it was past our normal dinner time.

With my stomach growling I wanted to knock something up in a jiff; I had some left over blue cheese which I wanted to use, so I found a pasta dish.

ease: 5/5. Make sure you don't burn the onions.
prep time:
20mins. I sliced two onions which took 20mins to caramelise, in that time I cooked the pasta and made the cheese sauce.
cooking time:
2mins to toss sauce through pasta.
total:
22mins.

taste:
3.5/5. Without the onions it is a little bland. I even added another 1/4cup of mersey valley cheese, and it still wasn't very cheesy.

would I make it again: No.
Not tasty enough.

recipe: http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/2007/05/gorgonzola-and-caramelized-onions-sauce.html

No comments:

Post a Comment