Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Chicken Breasts with Parmesan & Cream Sauce


SAD: Seasonal affective disorder, also known as winter depression, is a mood disorder whose sufferers experience normal mental health throughout most of the year, but experience depressive symptoms in t
he winter.
Who else felt slightly more upbeat and happy today with all of the sunshine we had; I know I did. And although I don't really think I have SAD, too many gloomy, cold days in a row does get my mood and energy levels down, which is why I loved today's sunny, not-that-cold weather. Really helped me get through a lot of chores, which is why I wanted to cook something easy for dinner.

The most appealing aspect of this dish is that it uses only 5 ingredients, and is completely ready to eat in 30mins. I used Bulla Thick Cream which had a 35% fat content. It had a buttermilk consistency.

Some Facts About PARMESAN:
  • is a hard, fat granular cheese, cooked but not pressed.
  • Parmigiano-Reggiano is made from raw cow's milk.
  • In the European Union, "Parmesan" is a protected designation of origin; legally, it refers exclusively to the Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP cheese manufactured in a limited area in Northern Italy.
Ease: 5/5. Easiest dish I have cooked so far. I like to put the flour and pepper into a glad bag and toss the chicken in, then I zip it up and shake it around. It coats everything evenly and I don't get plates or fingers messy. I had to cook it for 40mins - have a feeling my oven's temperature may be off.
Prep: 5mins
Cooking Time: 25mins
Total: 30mins.

Taste: 5/5.
Very tender chicken, in a rich parmesan cream sauce. I used packet shaved parmesan, and grated parmesan. Would be great over mash or pasta with a salad.
Would I make it again: Yes.
Easy and tasty - will make sure I make a salad next time though - need something to cut through all the cream and cheese.
Recipe here:
http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/chicken-breasts-with-parmesan-cheese-and-cream-sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment